Friday, January 27, 2012

Whole30 - Day 12: Turkey Curry Stuffed Poblano Peppers


I have to say that cooking is getting easier by the minute. Tonight we had turkey curry stuffed poblano peppers. They were a huge hit! I'm becoming more bold in my pursuit of ingredients. Spices are becoming central to my cooking and we're all enjoying our meals much more. I never realized how boring my meals were until now. It's refreshing in more ways than one. One thing I definitely want to avoid is eating my ingredients. You know, baking the chicken, steaming the veggies and throwing them on the plate with little thought to their seasonings, combinations, or presentation. I didn't start out this way 12 days ago. This is becoming more of a learning process. Here's the recipe:

Turkey Curry Stuffed Poblano Peppers

5 poblano peppers
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
tops of peppers, chopped
20 oz. ground turkey
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. Thyme
1 Tbsp. curry powder (I’d love to use paste, but haven’t been able to find any)
½ cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Boil a pot of water. Prepare peppers by cutting off tops and removing seeds. Once water is boiling, submerge the peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl of ice water (blanching). Heat olive oil in large skillet, add onions and peppers and cook 2-3 minutes on med-high heat. Add turkey and spices, cooking until turkey is cooked through and spices are blended. Finally, pour coconut milk over the turkey and mix. Stuff each pepper equally and bake for 20 minutes.

Okay, the truth is I never measured anything. My usual M.O. is eyeballing everything. I sort of played with it until I loved it. I almost can’t get enough curry, so adjust it as you see fit. I can think of a gazillion different ways to change it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment