Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Whole30 - Day 9: A Reason for the Farmer's Market?


I bought a package of chicken thighs as the commissary and was very excited to roll it in coconut flour and spices...until I saw this. One fourth of the package was fat! They had folded the fat under and had the beautiful meat showing through the top of the package. Talk about irritating! I won't buy that again. It all got me to thinking about farmer's markets and fresh meats. I'm going to have to check out Eastern Market in Washington, DC. They are supposed to have and incredible selection of foods. It's gotta be better than this. I don't think I could put myself through this again. There must be chicken out there that I can buy without making me pay for this fat. Once I find it, I'll post. I'm going to try Eastern Market in D.C. and Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment